How is the Sovereignty of God harmonized with the Free Will of Man?
- David threw the stone but the battle was the Lord’s, 1 Sam 17:47
- Joab was strong and courageous to war against the Arameans and Ammon but he trusted the “Lord to do what was good in His sight”, 2 Samuel 10:12
- Joshua marched around Jericho but God gave the city into his hands, Joshua 6;2
- Noah built a massive ark but God is credited with saving Noah and his family through the flood, 1 Pt. 3:20
- Naaman obeyed the prophet’s command to dip seven times in the Jordan River but God’s power healed him of the leprosy, 2 Kings 5:14,15
- The Christian works the works of God (Jn. 6:28) while God works behind the scenes to accomplish His will, Philippians 2:12,13
- When you are baptized into the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, God washes your sins away, Acts 22:16; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:3-5; Galatians 3:26,27; Colossians 2:12; 1 Peter 3:21
- If you put your faith in God He will save you by His grace, Eph. 2:8,9
God respects our boundaries and allows us to make the choice to accept or reject Him. We also accept the consequences of our choices. God’s will is that sinful man be saved through Jesus Christ, and only in Him. God’s sovereign will means there are not other saviors or ways to heaven. When the sinner accepts God’s plan, God is glorified for saving him according to His perfect, sovereign will.